FortiVoice phone profiles let you create user privileges and SIP profiles for configuring extensions and SIP trunks. It also allows you to modify caller IDs, schedule the FortiVoice unit, and configure phone and LDAP profiles.
This recipe guides you through the process of configuring a SIP profile.
Configuring SIP Profiles
To configure a SIP profile
- Go to Phone System > Profiles > SIP and select New.
- Enter a name for the profile.
- Select Auto from the DTMF dropdown menu. Alternatively, select the specific DTMF method you require.
- Enable any services supported by your service provider (NAT, Video, T.38).
- Enter the time interval in seconds that the FortiVoice unit will talk to the SIP server of your service provider to keep the connectivity and check its capability.
- Select your desired transport method. Fore more information on SIP transport methods, consult the FortiVoice Enterprise Administrator Guide.
- Select the codecs supported by the VoIP service provider. Choose the preferred codec for the VoIP provider. The preferred codec should be the most used codec in your area that provides the best communication quality.
- Select Create.
Modifying Caller IDs
You can modify the display appearance of the phone number and caller’s name of outgoing calls through FVE’s calling ID modification.
To modify a caller ID
- Go to Phone System > Profiles > Caller ID Modification.
- Select New.
- Enter the name of the Caller ID record.
- Enter the extension number or number pattern you want to modify. For example, you can enter 8134 to modify a single extension or 81xx to modify all the four-digit numbers starting with 81.
If you enter a match number:
i. Enter a number in the Strip field to hide the starting part of an extension from displaying. For example, if your Match number is 8134 and the Strip is 2, only 34 will display.
ii. Enter a Truncate number to hide the ending part of an extension.
iii. Enter a Prefix number to display before an extension number.
iv. Enter a Postfix number to display a number after an extension.
- Enter the caller ID name you want to map to another one.
- Enter the new caller ID name to which you want to map the one entered in the Match caller ID name field.