If the power supply unit (PSU) for your FortiAuthenticator device is not working, you can either purchase a replacement PSU from Fortinet, or send the device back to the Fortinet RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) department for replacement.
For FortiAuthenticator models that support hot swapping, you can replace the failed PSU with a replacement without shutting down the device.
To hot swap a power supply unit:
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) wrist strap to your wrist and to an ESD socket or to a bare metal surface on the chassis or frame.
- Turn off the power being supplied to the PSU.
- Unplug the power cable from the PSU.
- Press the latch towards the handle until the PSU is detached then pull it out of the chassis.
- Insert a replacement PSU into the chassis and slide it in until it locks into place.
- Plug the power cable into the replacement PSU.
- Turn on power to the PSU.
- Verify that the PSU status LED is solid green meaning that the PSU is powered up and operating normally.
Latest posts by Sri Raghu (see all)
- Replacing a power supply in FortiAuthenticator devices - September 6, 2018