This recipe is part of the process of deploying FortiManager for the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). See below for the rest of the recipes in this process:
- Initial Deployment
- Registering and Downloading Your License
- Connecting to the FortiManager-VM
- Adding a Disk to the FortiManager-VM for Logging
Licenses for the BYOL licensing model can be obtained through any Fortinet partner. If you don’t have a partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in purchasing a license.
After you purchase a license or obtain an evaluation license (60-day term), you will receive a PDF with an activation code.
- Go to https://support.fortinet.com/ and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
- Go to Asset > Register/Renew to start the registration process. In the Specify Registration Code field, enter your license activation code and select Next to continue registering the product. Enter your details in the other fields.
- At the end of the registration process, download the license (.lic) file to your computer. You will upload this license later to activate the FortiManager-VM.
After registering a license, Fortinet servers may take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license (.lic) file to activate the FortiManager-VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.