This recipe is part of the process of deploying FortiManager for the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). See below for the rest of the recipes in this process:
- Initial Deployment
- Registering and Downloading Your License
- Connecting to the FortiAnalyzer-VM
- Adding a Disk to the FortiAnalyzer-VM for Logging
- In the Google Cloud marketplace Cloud Launcher, find FortiManager Centralized Security Management.
- Click LAUNCH ON COMPUTE ENGINE.
- Configure the variables as required:
- Deployment name: Enter the name of the FortiManager-VM to appear in the Compute Engine portal.
- Zone: Choose the zone to deploy the FortiManager to.
- Machine type: Choose the instance type required.
- Boot disk type: Choose the desired boot disk type.
- Boot disk size in GB: Leave as-is at 10 GB. Note you must add additional disks for logging in later steps.
- Network name: Select the network located in the selected zone.
- Subnetwork name: Select the subnet where the FortiManager resides. Currently the Cloud Launcher solution supports one network interface.
- Firewall: Leave all selected, or allow at least HTTPS if the strictest security is allowed in your network as the first setup. Change firewall settings as needed later.
- External IP: Select Ephemeral. You will need to access the FortiManager management GUI via this public IP address.
Leave the other options as shown.
- Click Deploy. When deployment is complete, the screen appears as below.