Using the provided hardware, the FortiAP unit can be attached to a ceiling or wall.
To attach the unit to a wall or ceiling:
- Select an appropriate location and, using the mounting template included in this guide, mark the location on the wall or ceiling where the anchors will be located.
- Screw the provided anchors into the wall or ceiling in the marked locations. If necessary, drill holes into the wall or ceiling with an appropriately sized drill bit prior to inserting the anchors.
- Screw the provided P3.5×32 screws into the two anchors, leaving enough of the screws exposed to ensure that the unit can be mounted on them.
- Mount the FortiAP unit onto the screws and ensure that it is mounted securely.
- Use the Kensington security slot to attach a cable lock (cable lock is not included) to protect your FortiAP device from unauthorized removal. You can now proceed with connecting your FortiAP unit.
To attach the unit to a ceiling using the provided T-rail connectors:
- Attach the T-rail connectors to the bottom cover of the FortiAP unit using the provided P2.6×10 screws.
Two sizes of T-rail connectors are included in the mounting hardware kit: 15/16in (2.38cm) and 9/16in (1.43cm).
If extra space is required to accommodate drop ceiling tiles, use the provided spacers and P2.6×25 screws.
- Line up the connected T-rail connectors with an appropriately sized rail and press the unit onto the rail until it snaps into place.
- Use the Kensington security slot to attach a cable lock (cable lock is not included) to protect your FortiAP device.
You can now proceed with connecting your FortiAP unit.
Latest posts by In Hye Lee (see all)
- Protecting Docker Environments from Security Threats - July 27, 2018
- Deploying FortiManager for GCP - July 5, 2018
- Initial Deployment - July 5, 2018