Using the provided hardware, the FortiAP unit can be attached to a ceiling or wall.
To attach the unit to a ceiling or wall using the mounting bracket:
- Attach the mounting bracket to the wall or ceiling using the mounting template and the provided wall/ceiling mounting hardware kit.
- Insert the provided short screws into the bottom cover of the FortiAP unit.
- Leave enough of the screws exposed to ensure that the unit can be attached to the mounting bracket.
If extra space is required, use the provided spacers and long screws from the T-Rail mounting hardware kit to increase the space between the unit and the mounting bracket.
- Mount the FortiAP unit on the mounting bracket by rotating the unit clockwise about 90 degrees to secure it in place.
To attach the unit to a ceiling using the provided T-rail connectors:
- Attach the T-rail connectors to the bottom cover of the FortiAP unit using the provided short screws.
Two sizes of T-rail connectors are included in the mounting hardware kit: 15/16in (2.38cm) and 9/16in (1.43cm).
If extra space is required to accommodate drop ceiling tiles, use the provided spacers and long screws.
- Line up the connected T-rail connectors with an appropriately sized rail and press the unit onto the rail until it snaps into place.
Note: To protect your FortiAP unit, use the Kensington security slot to attach a
cable lock (cable lock is not included).
Latest posts by In Hye Lee (see all)
- Protecting Docker Environments from Security Threats - July 27, 2018
- Deploying FortiManager for GCP - July 5, 2018
- Initial Deployment - July 5, 2018