The following FortiAnalyzer devices use this installation guide.
They can be mounted in any standard 19 inch rack unit with the provided mounting hardware.
Ensure the leveling jacks on the bottom of the rack are fully extended to the floor with the full weight of the rack resting on the jacks.
- For single rack installation, stabilizers should be attached to the rack.
- For multiple rack installations, the racks should be coupled together.
- Ensure the rack is stable before extending a component from the rack.
- Only extend one component at a time; extending two or more simultaneously may cause the rack to become unstable.
|After installing the device into the rack, install the hard disk drives into the device.|
Rail Rack Parts
The rail assembly consists of three parts:
- Outer rail: connects to the rack
- Middle rail: connects the inner and outer rails
- Inner rail: connects to the device.
The inner rail has a locking tab that locks the device into place when it is installed and pushed into the rack. This prevents the device from sliding fully out of the rack when the device is being worked on.
There are five steps to install the device into the rack:
- Disassemble the rail assembly
- Attach the inner rails to the device
- Install the outer rails on a rack
- Install the device into the rack
- Install the cable management arm
Disassembling the Rail Assembly
- Identify the left and right rail assemblies.
- Pull out the inner rail until it is fully extended.
- Press down the locking tab to release the inner rail.
- Remove the inner rail from the outer rail.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for the remaining rail assembly.
|Do not pick up the server by the front handles. They are designed to only pull the unit from the rack.|
Attaching the Inner Rails to the Device
- Ensure that the right and left rails are correctly identified.
- Place the inner rail against the side of the device, enduring that the hooks on the side of the device align with the holes in the rail.
- Slide the rail towards the front of the device until the rail clicks into the locked position.
- Optionally, secure the rail to the device using the provided M4 Flat Head screws.
- Repeat steps 2 – 4 for the remaining rail.
Installing the Outer Rails on a Rack
- Press up on the locking tab on the back of the middle rail.
- Push the middle rail back into the outer rail.
- Hang the hooks on the front of the outer rail to the slots on the rack. Use two of the provided washers and M5 12L Flat Head screws to secure the rail to the rack.
- Pull out the back of the outer rail to adjust its length until it fits properly in the rack.
- Hang the hooks on the back of the rail to the slots on the back of the rack. Use two of the provided washers and M5 12L Flat Head screws to secure the rail to the rack.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 for the remaining rail.
Installing the Device into the Rack
- Ensure that the inner rails are properly connected to the device, and the that the outer rails are securely attached to the rack.
- Pull the middle rail out from the front of the outer rail until it locks.
- Align the inner rails with the middle rails and slide the device onto the rails until the locking tab on the inner rails clicks into the front of the middle rails. Ensure that even pressure is applied to both sides of the device while doing this.
- Push down the locking tabs on both sides at the same time, then push the device all the way into the rack.
- When the unit has been completely pushed into the rack, the locking tabs will click into the locked position.
- Install the hard disk drives into the device.
Installing the Cable Management Arm
- Slide the device part way out of the rack to provide space for installing the cable management arm.
- Attach the inner member connector to the back end of the right inner rail (when looking at the front of the device).
- Attach the supporting bar connector to the back end of the right middle rail.
- Attach the supporting bar connector to the back end of the left middle rail.
- Attach the outer member connecter to the back end of the left outer rail.
- Plug the supplied power cables into the power supplies on the back of the device, and connect any other required cables.
- Open the red caps and route the cables through the wire carrier. This is important to ensure that cables are not damaged when sliding the device in and out of the rack.
- Fasten the cables using the provided straps and the aluminum joints and U bracket. Use two straps on each joint and one on each connector.
- Slide the chassis in and out to ensure that the cable management arm’s motion is smooth. If it is not, loosen the straps as required.
- If required, adjust the location of the U bracket to ensure that it does not interfere with the power source.
Connecting the Device
- Plug the power cables into grounded electrical outlets or a separate power sources, such as uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) or a power distribution units (PDU).
- Insert the Ethernet cable into a router or switch that is connected to the Internet.
- Press the power button on the system to turn on the device.
|Both power supplies are required for normal operation.For additional security, secure the chassis handles to the front of the rack with the provided M5 20L Truss Head screws.|