This recipe is part of the process of deploying FortiGate for OCI. See below for the rest of the recipes in this process:
- Create a virtual cloud network and public-facing subnets
- Create a security list
- Create a route table for the internal network
- Create internal network subnet
- Obtain the deployment image file and place it in your bucket
- Import the image
- Launch the FortiGate instance
- Attach a storage to FortiGate
- Access the FortiGate
- Create the second vNIC
- Configure the second vNIC on the FortiGate
- Enable jumbo frame on the second vNIC
- Change the protected network’s default route
- [Connectivity test] Configure FortiGate firewall policies and virtual IPs
You can create one server instance, such as Windows Server 2012, on the internal protected network. Then create incoming and outgoing firewall policies on the FortiGate and test connectivity.
- Create an instance from Oracle-provided images as desired and locate them in the internal protected network.
- Configure incoming and outgoing firewall policies on the FortiGate. Refer to Configure FortiGate firewall policies and virtual IPs. When using OCI, add required ports in the Security List as explained earlier.
Latest posts by In Hye Lee (see all)
- Protecting Docker Environments from Security Threats - July 27, 2018
- Deploying FortiManager for GCP - July 5, 2018
- Initial Deployment - July 5, 2018