This recipe is part of the process of deploying FortiAnalyzer for the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). See below for the rest of the recipes in this process:
- Initial Deployment
- Registering and Downloading Your License
- Connecting to the FortiAnalyzer-VM
- Adding a Disk to the FortiAnalyzer-VM for Logging
To connect to the FortiAnalyzer-VM, you need your login credentials and the FortiAnalyzer-VM’s public DNS address. From the previous step, there is a temporary admin password automatically generated on the Google Cloud.
- Connect to the FortiAnalyzer using your browser. You will see a certificate error message from your browser, which is normal because the default FortiAnalyzer certificate is self-signed and not recognized by browsers. Proceed past this error.
- Log into the FortiAnalyzer-VM with the username admin and the supplied temporary password.
- After you log in, click admin in the top-right corner to change the password. You are encouraged to change the initial password as soon as possible.
- After logging in again, go to System Settings.
- On the Dashboard, click the Upload License button in the License Information widget.
- Upload the license file (.lic) from the PC to activate the FortiAnalyzer-VM. The system automatically restarts. After it restarts, wait about 30 minutes until the license is fully registered at Fortinet, then log in again.