You can configure FortiFone 870i to work with the FortiVoice unit by adding a primary phone (base) and multiple secondary phones (bases). For detailed information, see FortiFone 8070i Multi-Cell Deployment with ForitVoice Enterprise Technical Note.
This recipe guides you through the process of configuring your FortiFone 870i
The following prerequisites must be met for the configuration to work:
- FortiVoice v5.0 build 136 or later
- FortiVoice auto provisioning is enabled (see “Configuring SIP phone auto-provisioning” on page 114)
- FortiFone 870i firmware 3.23 or later
- Network connectivity available between FortiFone870i and the FortiVoice unit
Configuring FortiFone 870i
To configure the FortiFone 870i
- Go to Status > Phone System > Unassigned Phone.
- Select the intended primary station and then select the Action menu and Assign to 870i device.
- Set the station as primary with chain ID in the Device role and then select Create.
- Go to Phone System > Devices > 870i Phone.
- Select the recently created primary station and select Action and then Assign new extension or Apply existing extension.
- Configure the extension information and enter Handset ID, which should start with 1. Leave the Base MAC address field empty and select Create. Add any additional extensions as needed with different handset IDs.
- Factory reset the intended secondary station and connect it to the network. You should be able to see the unit under Status > Phone System > Unassigned Phone.
- Select the unassigned FortiFone 870i station and selection Action and then Assign to 870i device.
- Sett he base station as secondary and select Prime from the dropdown menu. Select Create.
- Remove the temporary extension setting and reboot the secondary phone configuration’s station.