In this example, you will learn how to change the IPMI Password in FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer.
Some devices include an unused IPMI port, such as the FAZ-1000E. You cannot use the operating system running on the device to access the IPMI port. For example, you cannot use FortiAnalyzer software to access the IPMI port on the FAZ-1000E.
Although the IPMI port is not used, in some cases the port is enabled, and you can access it by connecting a cable to the port. If there is a DHCP server in the network, the port will automatically obtain an IP address. You can use a web browser, the IP address, and the default password (ADMIN/ADMIN) to access the port.
If the IPMI port is accidentally enabled and connected to the network, users will be able to:
- Power On/Power Off/Reset the device
- Reset the device to factory defaults
- Access system settings
- Upgrade firmware
It is recommended to change the default password to prevent misuse.
1. Obtain the IPMI Port IP Address
- Connect a cable to the IPMI Port.
- Obtain the IP address for the IPMI Port.
2. Sign in
- In a browser, type http://<ip address>.
- Press Enter. The Please Login dialog box is displayed.
- In the Username field, type ADMIN.
- In the Password field, type ADMIN.
- Click Login. The home page is displayed.
3. Modify User
- Go to Configuration > Users.
- Select the row with the ADMIN username.
- Click Modify User.
- Select the Change Password Checkbox.
- Complete the Password and Confirm Password fields
- Click Modify.
Latest posts by Fortinet Technical Documentation (see all)
- Supported Upgrade Paths – FortiAP, FortiAP-S, and FortiAP-W2 - January 25, 2019
- Resetting a lost Admin password - October 10, 2018
- Blocking malicious domains using threat feeds - September 14, 2018