Skip to content
Routing the Cables through the Cable Management Arm
- Open the wire cable basket lid on the top of the CMA.
- If applicable, route the status-indicator cable to its port on the back panel of the device. Route the cable through the CMA and insert the LED end into the slot on the end of the CMA.
- Attach the various required cables to the device.
- Bundle the cables together using the provided tie wraps.
- Route the cables through the CMA basket.
- Adjust the cable slack as needed at the CMA hinge, then secure the bundled cables with the Velcro strap.
- Use the pre-installed tie wraps at wthe inner end and hinge of the CMA to secure the bundled cables in the CMA channel.
- Close the CMA basket’s lid.
- If applicable, remove any screws or loosen any thumbscrews securing the device to the front rack.
- Slowly slide the device in and out of the rack on the sliding rails to ensure that the cables are routed correctly and do not bind, stretch, or interfere with the movement of the CMA. Adjust the cable positions within the CMA as needed.
- Once you are sure that the cables are routed correctly, push the device fully into the rack, then lift the retention latch on the tray to secure the CMA.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)