There are a variety of different rack mounting rails included with Fortinet products, including:
- Basic Sliding Rails
- Sliding Rails with Cable Management Arm
- RapidRails and VersaRails
To mount the unit on a 19-inch rack or cabinet, use the slide rails included with the product. The rails enable you to safely pull the device out from the rack to access the back or top of the unit. Some variations of the rail kits include a Cable Management Arm (CMA) that manages the cables connected to the device, allowing it to be pulled in and out without worrying about the cables being stretched or disconnected.
Some 2U and 3U devices come with handles that connect to the front of the device and aid in pulling the device in and out. They can also be screwed into the rack to help secure the device to the rack. See Front Handles.
|To avoid personal or damage to the unit, it is strongly recommended that two or more people install the unit into the rack.|
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiSandbox 2000E Installation Guide - October 4, 2017
- FortiAnalyzer: Replacing FortiGate HA Pairs with Logging Enabled - October 2, 2017
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017