Mounting rail installation varies depending on if you have a 4-post or 2-post rack. For a 2-post rack, the installation will also vary depending on if you are center-mounting or flush-mounting the rails.
Installing VersaRails into a 4 Post Rack
- Position one of the mounting rails so that its mounting-bracket flange fits in the location where you will be installing the device.
The three holes on the front of the flange should align with the holes of the unit where you are installing your device.
- Install two of the provided screws through the rack holes into the upper and lower holes in the flange to secure the rail to the rack.
- At the back of the rack, pull back on the flange until the mounting holes align with the holes on the back of the rail.
- Install two of the provided screws through the rack holes into the upper and lower holes in the flange to secure the rail to the back rack.
- Repeat the process for the remaining rail.
- Confirm that both rails are mounted at the same vertical position on both sides of the rack.
If you need to install RapidRails into a 4 Post Rack, see Installing RapidRails into a 4 Post Rack.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017
- FortiManager 400E/2000E/3000F Installation Guide - September 5, 2017
- FortiManager 300E Installation Guide - September 5, 2017