Mounting rail installation varies depending on if you have a 4-post or 2-post rack. For a 2-post rack, the installation will also vary depending on if you are center-mounting or flush-mounting the rails.
Installing RapidRails into a 4 Post Rack
- Position one of the mounting rails so that its mounting-bracket flange fits in the location where you will be installing the device.
The top of the mounting hook on the front of the flange should enter the top hole of the unit where you are installing your device.
- Push the mounting rail forward until the mounting hook enters the square hole, then push down on the mounting-bracket flange until the mounting hook seats and the push button extends through the lower hole.
- At the back of the cabinet, pull back on the mounting-bracket flange until the mounting hook enters the upper square hole, then push down on the flange until the mounting hook seats and the push button extends the lower hole.
- Repeat the process for the remaining rail.
Confirm that both rails are mounted at the same vertical position on both sides of the rack.
If you need to install VersaRails into a 4 Post Rack, See Installing VersaRails into a 4 Post Rack.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017
- FortiManager 400E/2000E/3000F Installation Guide - September 5, 2017
- FortiManager 300E Installation Guide - September 5, 2017