Inserting the Device into the Rack
- Pull the inner slide rails out of the rack until they lock into place.
- Locate the three shoulder screws on one side of the system and lower them into the J-slots on the slide assembly.
- Seat the three screws on the other side, lowering the system until all shoulder screws engage in the J-slots.
- Push the system inward until the front release latch clicks into place. Press the slide-release lock buttons on both rails and slide the system into the rack.
- If applicable, secure the device to the rack.
Different devices have different options for securing the device to the rack, such as: thumbscrews built into the front panel of the device, or front handles. See Front Handles.
Next, see Engaging the slam latch.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017
- FortiManager 400E/2000E/3000F Installation Guide - September 5, 2017
- FortiManager 300E Installation Guide - September 5, 2017