The FortiGate 3960E and 3980E has two, hot swappable fan trays installed in the back of the chassis.
Fan Tray Replacement
- Unscrew the four retention screws on the fan tray that is being replaced.
- Pull the fan tray away from the chassis using the handles.
- Put the outlet cover over the grill of the new fan tray. It will be held on by magnets.
- Slide the new fan tray into the chassis. The fan cover will fall off as the fans power up.
- Tighten the retention screws.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiSandbox 2000E Installation Guide - October 4, 2017
- FortiAnalyzer: Replacing FortiGate HA Pairs with Logging Enabled - October 2, 2017
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017