The following models require crimping:
The end of the 6 AWG ground wire must be fitted with a suitable 5/8-inch double-hole lug. Use the following information to crimp and prepare the wire.
|Do not crimp energized wires.|
Follow these crimping guidelines:
- Strip the insulation from cable. Be careful not to nick cable strands which may later result in stands breaking.
- Cable end should be clean: wire brush or clean with emery cloth if necessary. Insert cable into connector until it stops. The insertion length must approximate the stripped length of cable.
- Insert connector in die and compress between the markings beginning near the tongue of the connector. Using the wrong installing die may result in a defective connection.
- After crimping, remove all sharp edges, flashes, or burrs.
Connecting the Device to Ground
This product has a separate ground terminal provided on the back of the product in addition to the grounding terminal of the attachment plug. The ground terminal provides two connectors to be used with a double-holed lug. This connector must be connected to a local ground connection.
You need the following equipment to connect the device to ground:
- An electrostatic discharge (ESD) preventive wrist strap with connection cord.
- One green with yellow stripe 6 AWG stranded wire with listed closed loop double-hole lug suitable for minimum 6 AWG copper wire.
To connect the device to ground:
- Attach the ESD wrist strap to your wrist and to an ESD socket or to a bare metal surface on the device or frame.
- Make sure that the device and ground wire are not energized.
- Connect the ground wire from the local ground to the ground connector on the device.
- Secure the ground wire to the device.
- Optionally label the wire GND.
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiSandbox 2000E Installation Guide - October 4, 2017
- FortiAnalyzer: Replacing FortiGate HA Pairs with Logging Enabled - October 2, 2017
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017