Using the provided mounting hardware, the FortiAP unit can be attached to a drop ceiling, ceiling or wall.
To attach the unit to a ceiling using the T-rail mounting hardware kit:
- Attach the T-rail connector to the bottom cover of the FortiAP unit using the four provided short screws.
If extra space is required to accommodate drop ceiling tiles, use the taller T-rail connector.
- Line up the connected T-rail connector with an appropriately sized rail and twist the unit onto the rail until it snaps into place.
- Use the Kensington security slot to attach a cable lock (cable lock is not included) to protect your FortiAP device from unauthorized removal.
You can now proceed with connecting your FortiAP unit.
To mount the unit using the mounting bracket:
- Select an appropriate location, hold the mounting bracket against the wall or ceiling, and mark the locations where the four included anchors will be inserted.
- Drill the mounting holes, then insert the anchors into the holes with an appropriate screwdriver.
- Attach the mounting bracket to the anchors using the four included screws.
- Push the FortiAP unit onto to mounting bracket until it snaps into place.
The unit can be removed from the bracket by pressing on the bracket tab and sliding the device out.
Latest posts by In Hye Lee (see all)
- Connect to the FortiGate - February 21, 2018
- Deploying FortiGate for GCP - February 21, 2018
- (Connectivity test) Configure FortiGate firewall policies and virtual IPs - February 14, 2018