The FortiAnalyzer-400E can be mounted in any standard 19 inch rack unit with the
provided mounting hardware.
- Ensure the leveling jacks on the bottom of the rack are fully extended to the floor with the full weight of the rack resting on the jacks.
- For single rack installation, stabilizers should be attached to the rack.
- For multiple rack installations, the racks should be coupled together.
- Ensure the rack is stable before extending a component from the rack.
- Only extend one component at a time; extending two or more simultaneously may cause the rack to become unstable.
Rail Rack Identification
The rail mount kit includes two rail assemblies. Each assembly consists of two sections:
- A fixed inner rail that secures directly to the unit
- A fixed outer rack that secures directly to the rack
Both rail assemblies have locking tabs. The tabs lock the unit into place when installed into the rack and when fully extended from the rack. This prevents the device from sliding fully out of the rack when the device is being worked on.
Inner Rail Extensions
Using the inner rail extensions is optional. Use the inner rail extensions to stabilize the unit within the rack.
- Ensure you have correctly identified the left and right rail extensions.
- Place the inner rail extension on the side of the unit and align the hooks on the unit with the holes on the rail extension. Make sure the inner rail extension faces out.
- Slide the extension toward the front of the unit.
- Secure the rail extension to the unit with the provided M4 6L inner rail screws.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the other inner rail extension.
|Do not pick up the server by the front handles. They are designed to only pull the unit from the rack.|
The outer rails attach to the rack and hold the unit in place.
- Attach the short bracket to the outside of the long bracket by aligning the pins with the slides. Both brackets must face the same direction.
- Adjust the short and long brackets to the appropriate length so that they fit securely into the rack.
- Secure the long bracket to the front side of the outer rail with the provided washers and M5 12L outer rail screws.
- Secure the short bracket to the back side of the outer rail with the provided washers and M5 12L outer rail screws.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for the other rail.
- Ensure that there is enough room around the unit to allow for sufficient air flow.
- Ensure that the inner rails are properly connected to the device, and the that the outer rails are securely attached to the rack.
- Align the inner rails with the rack rails and slide the device onto the rails. Ensure that even pressure is applied to both sides of the device while doing this.
- When the unit has been completely pushed into the rack, the locking tabs will click into the locked position.
- For additional security, insert and tighten the thumbscrews that hold the front of the unit to the rack.
After the device is installed in the rack and the hard disk drives are installed, plug the supplied power cables into the rear of the unit and then into grounded electrical outlets or separate power sources, such as uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) or power distribution units (PDU).
Latest posts by Tiara Quan (see all)
- FortiManager: Third Party Blacklist Provider Workflow - September 12, 2017
- FortiManager 400E/2000E/3000F Installation Guide - September 5, 2017
- FortiManager 300E Installation Guide - September 5, 2017