This recipe is part of the process of deploying FortiGate for OCI. See below for the rest of the recipes in this process:
- Create a virtual cloud network and public-facing subnets
- Create a security list
- Create a route table for the internal network
- Create internal network subnet
- Obtain the deployment image file and place it in your bucket
- Import the image
- Launch the FortiGate instance
- Attach a storage to FortiGate
- Access the FortiGate
- Create the second vNIC
- Configure the second vNIC on the FortiGate
- Enable jumbo frame on the second vNIC
- Change the protected network’s default route
- [Connectivity test] Configure FortiGate firewall policies and virtual IPs
- After attaching the second vNIC to the FortiGate, ensure you reboot, then log into the FortiGate. Log into the GUI console and navigate to Network > Interfaces. You now see two ports, but the second port is not configured with an IP address. Manually configure the same IP address specified on OCI.
- Select port2, then click Edit. Manually enter the IP address and netmask. Allow administrative access to PING, SSH, and so on as desired. Click OK.
You now have two network interfaces configured.